Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Inspiring Thought: Junot Diaz

As I was working on my vision board at the Oprah.com website, I decided to take a break and browse the website. As luck would have it, I stumbled across "Becoming a Writer" by Junot Diaz. Diaz's relates a harrowing account of what it took for him to achieve his goal of finishing his novel, and my favorite lines from his column are these: "You see, in my view a writer is a writer not because she writes well and easily, because she has amazing talent, because everything she does is golden. In my view a writer is a writer because even when there is no hope, even when nothing you do shows any sign of promise, you keep writing anyway."

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Junot-Diaz-Talks-About-What-Made-Him-Become-a-Writer/2#ixzz2T5vYESnI

No comments:

Post a Comment