Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Activity: Gratitude List

Both Ingber (Yogalosophy) and Schwarz (The Vision Board) emphasize the quality of gratitude.They recommend making daily lists of everything we are grateful for, such as family, education, friends, career, hobbies, health, etc. In the spirit of their analysis, and because I do have a lot to be grateful for, I've made my own list below. I hope you will create your own list; both authors advise making gratitude lists a daily habit.

My Gratitude List:

1. My daily yoga practice- it's not very long, about 10-15 minutes, but it's consistent.

2. My family- my little daughter and my husband are my pillars

3. My job- yes, teaching can get stressful, but I am thankful I have a stable job

4. My education- it's taken me a long time to complete my Ph.D. Each day as I work on the dissertation, I  
     remind myself it's one step closer to achieving my dream of having a doctoral degree.

5. The time to live a creative life. It can be challenging to find time to be creative since I've had the baby, but
      I'm grateful for each minute I can devote to writing or drawing or working on my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment